North Delta, Mag. Heights will resume class March 18
Two more area schools have announced they will extend Spring Break for students as administrators and staff adjust educational calendars to accommodate for the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
North Delta School will be closed to students Monday and Tuesday and will return to classes on Wednesday, March 18.
Staff at NDS will return on Tuesday to prepare for the resumption of classes.
At Magnolia Heights School will also close its campus and all school-related activities through Tuesday, and will reopen its regular scholastic program on Wednesday, March 18. All asymptomatic faculty and staff will return from Spring Break on Monday, March 16, to make use of the days for staff development.
Also announced on Friday:
The Batesville, Sardis, and Como Libraries, each part of the First Regional Library system in North Mississippi, will be closed beginning Saturday. First Regional Library made the announcement in an email sent to media outlets at 2:45 p.m. Friday.
The First Regional release is as follows:
In accordance with direction from the Mississippi State Department of Health, the Board of Trustees of First Regional Library has voted to offer alternative library services to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our area, effective Saturday, March 14, 2020, and until further notice.
The branches of First Regional Library welcome thousands of people every day, and we take the health of each and every one of these visitors very seriously. While we know this will cause many inconveniences, we are committed to providing as many library services as we can without opening our doors to the public.
- We encourage everyone to use our outside book drops. NO OVERDUE FINES will be charged during this time.
- We have many new digital titles available through our Overdrive service. If you aren’t already using our digital services, please call your local library for instructions to get started, or visit our eBooks & Streaming link from the homepage.
- COMING SOON: Curbside service and books by mail. Please call your local branch for more details.
- Some staff will be working during the library’s regular hours to answer reference questions and give technical support, but staffing issues may affect some of these hours.
- Free WiFi will still be available in our parking lots.
North Panola School District has posted the following on the district’s website: Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the North Panola... read more