infant died from natural cause
An autopsy by the state medical examiner determined that an infant initially thought to have died from an accidental choking actually died from “natural causes due to underlying health issues,” Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gulledge said Friday.
Two and one-half month old John Wesson Sayle was taken by ambulance from an in-home day care at Church and Bates Street Wednesday to Tri-Lakes Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 11:07 a.m.
The caregiver “did everything she could and then some,” Grant-Gulledge said.
The infant was the son of Emily and Greene Sayle of Oakland.